Remote operation wfview wsjt-x hamlib connection times out while opening connection to rig

Hi Jay,

Under Settings, in the User Interface category, there is a pop-down menu called “Secondary Meter Selection” (it should be next to the Polling button), and from there you can select other types of meters. Some meters might not work with your radio, so be mindful of what the radio provides. With version 1.42, we added audio meters, which could be handy if you are doing a lot of digital modes remotely.

I am quite curious about the s-meter not moving on your setup. Generally I have only seen this happen when the radio isn’t identified properly. But your radio seems to be identified! If you feel up to it, I’d like to see a client-side log file. No photos please, just attach a plain text file if you can (for example, copy the log file text and paste it into Notepad). This way we can easily search the file for things we’re looking for, and it won’t clutter up the message board with ten pages of log text!

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Hi, I can get you a log file and paste it here. I checked right next to the polling button. There’s no control for other meters. Some good news though. I attempted an FT8 contact a few times and the power meter does work.

I have attached the latest client log to this post. Where can I get 1.42? nightly builds? My server is running 1.2d. Will a 1.42 client work with that server?
wfview.log (7.9 KB)

If a debug log would be better I can create one.

Hi Jay,

I don’t see any errors! I wonder if, maybe, your S-meter really is reading low values. I noticed your RF Gain slider is a bit low. I would say, turn off the preamp and attenuators and turn up thr RF gain and see what happens.

Weekly automated builds are available here:
https://wfview.org/download/
Just scroll down and read carefully until you see it. Be sure to move the exe file into the same folder as your current wfview.exe file. Then double click the new version to open it.

Nightly builds are made available to our supporters on Patreon.

Thanks,

—E
de W6EL

Hi, Looked at the weekly builds and see no version number info in the listing, only dates. I did download the september 5, 2022 build, but I held off using it. Ok I checked the build log and see the build I have is 1.42.

Yes indeed, the weekly and nightly builds are named by the date they were built. Once opened, you can see what version and source commit were used.

Make sure you have the “Test (Alpha/Beta)” release “v1.2e” working first. This is also on our downloads page. I’m sorry it’s so complicated but this is necessary so that you have all the required components in place. With v1.2e working, you can then install the weekly beta (the one with the date in the name).

–E
de W6EL

Ok. That would explain why I had an audio issue. I will install 1.2e first and try again.

Is there anything else I need to install? I copied the audio dll to the program folder since 1.42 complained about it.

After reading your latest post I got 1.2e and installed that. I have no audio now. Those settings are greyed out. One reads qt system but I don’t know how to change that. It’s greyed out too.

changing the audio stack: disconnect first. does that help?

I will try that and see. Thank you.

Disconnecting and reconnecting did the trick.

1 Like

what happens is that wfview cannot change the audio stack live to a different one. Hence the disconnect needed.

For others who read: It’s possible that you also need to redefine/select the audio sink and source (where oudio goes to, like speaker, headset etc and where it comes from, like internal mike, headset etc)

Everything is working now and I successfully made two contacts with wsjt-x and logged them with log4om. Thank you all for your help.

The latency at our camp makes things difficult.