Setting Access via RS-BA1?

Does anyone know if RS-BA1 provides a user with remote access to an IC-7300’s Menu system? I do see that there is a Set Mode button at the top of the screen. Just wondering if it does what I’m hoping it does!

If so, it’s worth the money!

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander VE3HLS
So Phisai, Thailand (OK18rc)

hello Alexander, with RS-BA1 from the Icom Remote Utility function you can make your rtx communicate even remotely and create a connection itself. The only problem that seems fun only with Icom. I did tests by creating an LAn connection by looking in which ways far to dialogue WF with RS.BA1 but I was not successful. 73 Ale IZ4OSH

Thank you Alessandro,

Do you know if I can access the IC-7300 Menu system using the RS-BA1 software?

Thanks and 73,

Ken,

what do you mean by “the IC-7300 menu system”?

See attached image. I want to know if this is accessible using RS-BA1. I currently use Win4Icom Suite and it can’t access the settings menus.

Ken Alexander VE3HLS

Hi Alexander ,

no you cannot access the 7300 menu, you can only access some functions such as the rtty menu to set the macros. RS-ba is very limited. Even a few I performed a remote connection test by creating a server, keeping the debug page open I see that RSBA does not connect, WF sees the connection. I think I miss more information. Today I will do other tests if it works with this system all even long-standing rtx icoms can connect to WFview.

73 Ale iz4osh

Like what Asselandro states:

maybe a few items are but generally no.

Thanks Alessandro and Roeland,

That’s a shame. Luckily, several of wfview’s settings are the same for Win4Icom Suite so maybe there’s a combination of settings that will work for both.

Thanks again and 73,

Ken Alexander VE3HLS

Hi Ken,

If there’s a specific setting that you need one way for win4icom and another way for wfview, please do let us know. Maybe we can manually set some things in wfview for you on startup.

I’ll give you one tip, and this is “beta” information, but if you can’t keep CI-V Transceive on, it is ok, so long as in wfview you manually set the CI-V address, save settings, and re-launch wfview. With the manual address, wfview will find the radio right away.

Since you’re not physically at the radio, having CI-V Transceive off won’t have much effect on your usage.

–E
de W6EL

Thanks Elliott,

I just dug out the Win4Icom settings and will compare them to wfview’s after lunch!

Ken Alexander VE3HLS

Hi Elliott,

These appear to be the only settings changes that Win4Icom Suite requires me to make:

1. Set > Connectors > CI-V > CIV-USB Port = “Unlink from [REMOTE]”
  2. Set > Connectors > CI-V > CI-V USB Baud Rate = 115200

No mention of CI-V transceive, so I assume it is at whatever the factory default is. Looks like I made a mountain our of a mole hill and wasted a lot of peoples’ time. Chalk it up to fear of the unknown; I hate messing with a system that works! I’ll install wfview and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again,

Ken Alexander VE3HLS

When I analyzed the RSBA1 conversation with the remote IC9700, I saw that RSBA1 sends the SET Transcive ON command (fe fe a2 e0 a5 01 27 01 fd)

73 Andrzej SP2FRY

Hi Andrzej,

Yes we are aware that RSBA1 does this, we are keen for wfview to not change any settings in the radio that may cause issues with other software though!

73 Phil M0VSE

Andrzej,

you can in fact check the ini file for the 9700 – it has a list of up to 20 commands that are being sent to initialize the rig for rsba1.

Like what Phil says – we’re trying not to change settings here. In fact at some point we may change settings and restore them on clean exit.

Hi Ken,

Those two settings for Win4Icom are also required for wfview, so you’re good there!

wfview can operate ok without CI-V Transceive, you will just have to supply the CI-V address to wfview and also understand that using the rig physically while using wfview at the same time may produce some inconsistent results. That shouldn’t be a problem for remote users though. In other words, CI-V Transceive could be on or off, not a big deal.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Roeland
Thank you for the information. I never knew there was an .ini file for RSBA1. I have not needed it so far.

they are called like this:

IC-9100.ini
IC-9700.ini

etc. the file explorer can find then for you