Settings Pages Missing

I’m connected up to the radio (IC7300) and everything seems to be working, but I only see a single Settings page. I was trying to get to External Control to get rigctld running as part of setting up Pat. I do’ not see any of the settings pages from this documentation: Settings Tab | wfview

Assuming I’ve done something stupid here. Wfview Version 1.2d. Running on Ubuntu 22.04. I searched and couldn’t find anyone else who had this issue.

Hi Grant,

I believe that version of wfview (1.2d) has a unified settings page. I strongly recommend running our build script and upgrading, it’s a much better and evolved program these days. That said, rigctl is a checkbox around the middle of the unified settings page.

You can download our build script on the Downloads page. This will automatically build the latest version for you.

–E
de W6EL

Ah, I didn’t realize I was on an old version. I’ll get on that. I found the rigctld. Still losing the fight with pat & ardopc, but at least this is working nicely. Thanks for the assist.

No problem, Grant.

If you don’t mind, how did you initially install wfview? Was it using apt-get by chance?

And do let us know if we can help with the other issues.

–E
de W6EL

Nah, happy to help. I used the Ubuntu Software gui. Just checked, it is on 1.2, not 1.5.

Ahh ok. Well, I’m glad we’re in the official software repo, that’s really cool! 1.2d was a good release, but 1.5 is definitely further along with a lot of nice features. I’d say give the build script a try. You just download the script and then run it, and the script will compile and install wfview for you.

https://wfview.org/download/#source

–E
de W6EL

Actively running it as I type this. I’ll report back in a bit.

Up and running and it looks good.

Awesome, glad to hear it.

–E
de W6EL