Smeter in TX

Maybe I’m wrong some settings, but in TX the smeter does not replicate the 705 (in my case in TX it measures SWR).
It’s normal?

morning Max,

currently there is no meter function select. Also, the rig state is not always duplicated on the s/w.
The idea at some point is to change that but not aware of meter-rework in the roadmap. Will add
it to the map

Many Thanks Roeland

Hi Max,

The meter really should be showing you relative power output when you are transmitting. The 7300, 9700, 7610, and 705 all share the same command to retrieve power output metering.

The way the code works, we grab the power output meter while transmitting, and revert to s-meter while receiving. Granted, the meter scale is incorrect during transmit, but it should show you power.

This video from Kevin shows the idea, he is mostly showing the IC-9700:

Can you double-check that it really is showing SWR? This is quite curious to me :).

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Hello,

I would like to see my SWR on transmit as well in order to provide confidence-monitoring for remote operations. I know that this data is available via CI-V as HRD and others use it, however I expect it may be an issue via the IP Socket?

Cheers,

Hi Bob,

Me too. The code is already written inside the program, we just haven’t provided a means to select the desired meters. But it does work! It’ll go into the interface after R1. We can meter:

• ALC
  • SWR
  • Id
  • Vd
  • S-meter
  • Temperature

I think that’s about it. Looking forward to getting some cool meter artwork too. It’s time consuming to draw this stuff out but I think it would really make the program fun to use.

–E
de W6EL

Hi guys,
forgive me, I spent a busy two weeks at work and I was away from the radio. Maybe I was unclear: when I said I read SWR I meant from the 705 display. WFview displays nothing in TX. This applies to any setting used on the 705 (PWR, SWR, ALC …). The VFview smeter gives me a value only in RX (obviously the received signal).

Hi Max,

Are you transmitting using the radio’s mic button or the transmit button in wfview?

–E
de W6EL

Elliott, radio’s mic button

Hi Max,

That’s the issue. We may be able to fix it though.

I’ll see if PTT makes a “CI-V Transceive” message. If it does, we can fix it easily.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

1 Like

Hi guys,
I confirm that if I use the TRANSMIT key of WFview it replicates the 705 indicator in TX. This is not the case if I use microphone PTT.

Hi Max,

Makes sense. As it stands, we don’t poll the receiver for transmit status, although it may be something we check on in the future. You’ll note that when you do key it from wfview, the scale still isn’t correct. So you can expect some changes with metering in the next few months.

Thanks for testing it out,

–E
de W6EL

1 Like