Spectrum of opus codec vs LPCM codec

In my configuration wfview 1.2d client (Macbook), wfview 1.2d server (raspberry) and IC-705 I noticed during transmisson that the sprectrum is different when using the opus codec instead of the LPCM codec. While the LPCM spectrum look pretty clean, the opus spectrum is wider and some messed up. BTW, ALC is set to minimum in both cases. I assume that the opus spectrum is not ok - so any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks.

73 Peter

opus codec
LPCM codec

Hi Peter.

That’s strange. It is possible that the opus codec is causing a small amount of gain to the TX signal, can you try reducing the TX level and see if the ‘artefacts’ disappear?

73 Phil

Hi Phil.
I had tried that without any change - I will further evaluate the issue.

Meanwhile I got a general problem with the spectrum and waterfall: during to TX, the waterfall and spectrum freezes, same on the 705 display, I assume I accidently changed a setting somewhere, but cannot figure it out, probably a setting on the TRX itself.

73 Peter

Hi Peter.

That’s an easy one. For some reason, you only receive the spectrum/waterfall during TX when the scope is set in “Center” mode, Fixed or either of the Scroll modes will “freeze” the scope during TX. This seems to be a feature of all Icom SDR radios.

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil,
thanks a lot. That solved it. I was aware the the problem was sitting in front of the TRX :wink:

73 Peter