Transverters

Are there any plans to support Transverters?
I use multiple transverters with my IC-7610 for VHF/UHF,
N.B. for 144MHz the rig operates on 14MHz, for other bands I use 28MHz…

Hi Stephen,

We don’t have plans at this time, but you raise an interesting point.

What kind of support would you like to see, ideally, from a software point of view? I was thinking of doing some up/down conversion with my 9700 for 10 GHz and some other bands too.

–E
de W6EL

Elliott,

for general use I like the way that DXlab handles transverters, there is a table that specifies the offset frequency for each band - I specify a frequency of 432.xxx and it automatically knows that the transverter needs 28.xxx (404MHz offset), but when I specify 144.xxx the transverter requires 14.xxx (130MHz offset) for that band.

For contesting the Minos logging program works in a similar way.

Stephen (G8LYB)

Hi Stephen,

I could see placing this as a parameter some time after the next release. It’s simple, but it has to go in every function that deals with frequencies. So, it’ll take a bit to get to.

–E
de W6EL

The 785x has an offset in the rig setup itself and a quick look at the CIV manual I also see that it can be controlled remotely.

I have added it to the internal roadmap document.

The IC-7610 has an offset facility for display, but not enough digits of display to be useful…

Stephen (G8LYB)

I have mentioned that some time ago to ICOM – to have an offset possibility of a few GHz. Itwas taken into consideration. Maybe at some time…