Unable to connect IC-705 over LAN

I have the latest version of IC-705 firmware and new release of WFview. I set up 705 with connection type Access Point and turned WLAN on. I am able to logon to this access on PC. I have Virtual Serial Port Emulator running and selected that port on WFview. User name and pw are correct as well as Radio IP address. I have saved settings and rebooted but still cannot logon. When I push ‘Connect’ the message ‘Searching CI-V bus for connected radios’ momentarily appears. Also, CI-V Transceive is ON.
What am I messing?

1 Like

Hi Stan,

You should only use the “Access Point” mode on the 705 if you are not near a wifi network such as you might have in your house. The usual way is to just have the IC-705 join the same wifi network as your laptop.

If you are going to use “Access Point” mode anyway, then each time you power on the computer and/or IC-705, you will need to verify the self-assigned IP address of the IC-705 (check the menus on the 705), and you will also probably want to verify that you can ping that address from your computer.

You also need to make sure that the IC-705 has network control enabled.

Let me know if that helps. I don’t have a 705 myself, just going off what I’ve read online about it.

–E
de W6EL

I wanted to be able to use ‘Access Point’ when out in the field. The rig retains the same IP address each time it is turned on - verified. I am able to instantly ‘ping’ it too. Network control is enabled.

Still no joy.

Thanks for responding.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Makes sense about field ops and Access Point mode. Sorry for my assumption.

I would also suggest not using the Virtual Serial Port Emulator the first time around, as it is not needed for basic access. You can simply connect from wfview to the IC-705 over the network.

Can you send me your wfview log file? I will take a look and see if there is anything in there that we can use.

thanks,

–E
de W6EL

I am also having the same issue, were you able to resolve?

1 Like