Unimplemented command “+p”

Hi Mike.

That fix won’t be in v1.60 (or even the latest release v1.61) as I have only just put it in the master branch!

Phil

Appreciate your help.

I guess for me going back to FLRIG is my best option for now as I don’t understand the “patch”. Will continue to monitor your website for updates.

Thanks again.

Mike

either edit the file Phil referred to and relink. Or, make a symlink to the right name as requested by the linking process.

Is there any update regarding this issue ?
rigctld: Unimplemented command “+p”

I use latest master branch:
INF system: "wfview version: 1.63 (Git:54b00b9 on Jul 10 2023 at 22:35:18 by sq9fk@GPDMicroPC)

CQRLog still not works :slight_smile:
Tnx for update

Piotr SQ9FK

Currently one of the branches is in full swing, rewriting parts of wf. Now, you could try that branch but, no guarantee something works

I wouldn’t recommend anybody try it ‘just’ yet. There are still too many things not working and I don’t really want to be distracted by lots of reports of ‘x isn’t working’ :slight_smile:

Will try and send You feedback here

Piotr SQ9FK

Which branch I should use to try ?
I see that widgets is the most active.

rigcreator, you can see if the command you need is fixed, and then go back to master.

We do not guarantee if it boulds and we are also not going to get back on that. we know the state. it’s broken in many areas, let alone anything alpha. so you can try and tell us that you like the +p command now or not but again:

no responses of that branch are there to be expected as we, and I say it again – you are in luck if it compiles. you are on your own: no, like zero, support.

CQRlog has always worked great for me using WFview. Originally was using the IC-7610 with lan connection, now use IC-7100 with usb connection. I am running WFview version 1.63 with Debian testing, cqrlog from repository. Cqrlog trx control settings: Host: local host, rig model: 2 Hamlin Net rigctl, Device: 127.0.0.1:4533, check box next to “Run rigctd when program starts”. Hope this helps.

You try it with recent wfview repo?

Fldigi works, wsjt and jtdx also without this error. There is only issue with cqr. I will sent printscreens.

And second, which hamlib version You using? Front my side alsa the recent stable 4.5.5? Probably.

Piotr SQ9FK

I use HAMLIB, JTDX, WSJT-X, FLDIGI, JS8CALL from Debian TESTING repository.

WFview installed from script. Gridtracker installed from gridtracker download.

Assume you are loading software in correct sequence, and you have configured CQRlog to use “Remote mode for fldigi”, “Remote mode for wsjt” or “Remote mode for adif”. You launch WFview, then CQRlog, then launch say fldigi from cqrlog.

It took hours of research for me to configure cqrlog.

Good luck

Mike simething is not as You describe. Start rigctld after start in CQRlog i greyed and cannot be applied.
Provide screen shots to test Yours solutions.

PG

I’m not going to comment on the specific issue as there are a number of issues with the current rigctld implementation which are being addressed with a complete re-write of that code.

However, you should never check any ‘run rigctld’ checkbox in any other software when using wfview as that will start the programs own rigctld which will likely conflict with the one built-in to wfview.

73 Phil

1 Like

Can’t t comment on “run rigctld” as I don’t know what it does. I checked it based on instructions in the CQRlog instructions for use with FLrig. When I started using WFview, I left it checked with no issues (at least known to me). If I uncheck it, CQRlog will not work with WFview. If it creates some other issue, I have not seen signs of it.

Agree,

I’ve tested rigcreator branch and it’s even worse :slight_smile:
CQRlog connects but nothing happend. In log only info about connected session without -p error).
With jtdx connected but with basic parsing errors (so it’s worse}:

2023-07-17 22:26:03.737 INF rigctld: Setting "Selected Freq" to 10143000 on VFO 0 with "10143000.000000"
2023-07-17 22:26:03.738 INF rigctld: Received set command "V Main"
2023-07-17 22:26:03.738 INF rigctld: Unable to parse value of type v
2023-07-17 22:26:03.739 INF rigctld: Received set command "T 0"
2023-07-17 22:26:03.739 INF rigctld: Unable to parse value of type i
2023-07-17 22:26:03.739 INF rigctld: 14 disconnected
2023-07-17 22:26:04.218 INF rig: Error (FA) received from rig.

and it cannot be stated enough – rigcreater is notwhere near alpha state. not even close.

People should not use it. And if they do, need to keep that information for themselves.

roeland but You’ve just asked me to test this issue with this branch, I have done it. Thats all what I want to say.

So this issue it’s not closed because with rigcreator there is no communication either with CQR or JTDX.

it’s a general comment, not directed to you, to prevent people generating too many distractions. no sweat.