Virtual serial port lagging

Hi Steve.

I have been testing JTDX with the latest ‘master’ version of wfview which includes support for split mode on rigctld. It also fixes the issue with CI-V Transceive being disabled by Omni-Rig. Once we have tested this a bit more, we will do another test release.

As for using fldigi, this works perfectly for me. You must make sure that all other rig control methods are unchecked within the Rig tab as this may be why Hamlib is being disabled for you? These are the settings that I am using:

73 Phil M0VSE

A word of advice, if you use omnirig there is no need for anything else because omnirig automatically connects to jtdx and wsjt.

73 Ale iz4osh

Hi Phil,

This rather sure is the way I had Hamlib set up. I think I had all the rig control methods unchecked in the Rig tab; but I will have to go try it again to make positively sure. Another on the list of things to do!

Ale: I don’t currently use omnirig; but I will try and remember your advice if I decide to give it a try one day.

Steve - N7SE

New version of log4om is out which fixes the configuration retention issue. Will check it out and advise.

Malcolm

Well I’ve just spent about 2 hours trying to get this to work. I did briefly but I don’t know how! Saved the settings and restarted both programs (log4om and wfview) and it now does not work and no matter what settings I’ve tried I cannot get it to work again :frowning:

Can someone else please try this set up and see if I’m missing something?

Malcolm VK2SKI

Malcolm, I just read a post on the forum that using any software that uses Omni-Rig will cause issues. Something about it turns CV transceive off. Sorry I can’t be more specific, I just posted a reply to the post since I use Omni-Rig on my computer for more info. Might do a search, could have something to do with your issue.

Mike

Using OmniRig V1.19 (don’t use version 2) you can set the polling rate to the radios. That’s something that cannot be done in WSJT. Also WSJT has an issue in hamlib where the connection will blow up at random times. Problem doesn’t exist in OmniRig connection.

Hi Malcolm.

I have written a short manual page about using the wfview rigctld emulation and configuring Log4OM and WSJT-X to use it.

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/hamlib-rigctld-emulation/

Phil

1 Like

Thank you. I will test later today. I think my issue may be not restarting log 4om after making a change.

Hi Phil

I’m pleased to report v1.2c with IC7300 and log4om v2.17 and WSJT-X seem to work just fine, thank you :slight_smile:

Just one thing from your instructions I found that I had to restart wfview after to making the change before it was recognised by log4om.

73 and keep up the great work!
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,
I am using exact the same programs and rig as you but experience a unstable communication from WSJTx to my 7300. Sometimes the 7300 does not go in TX mode, or the TX frequency is not coming thru to the rig. I am curious how things run on your side.

73, Fred

Hi Phil,
I wonder why OmniRig is switching off the ci-v transceive, do you have an idea? I had to modify the 7300-data.ini file because the ini forced the 7300 to Filter 2 instead of 1 when using usb data. If ci-v transceive on does not affect the working of OmniRig, the command in the ini file could be modified?

73, Fred

Hi Fred.

I suspect that OmniRig doesn’t deal with unsolicited data very well which is likely why it disables CI-V transceive? The latest beta of wfview should mitigate this as it detects the specific command that is sent by OmniRig for each model of rig and filters it out (it also replies to say that it has been successfully disabled). An added feature is that wfview will no longer send CI-V transceive messages to the virtual serial port once this command has been received.

You could remove the command that disables CI-V transceive from the .ini file but it shouldn’t be necessary with the latest version of wfview.

73 Phil M0VSE