Well, that was easy!

I finally had the time to install and test on my W10 Laptop to my 705 over the WiFi hotspot. Having labored through RS-BA1, what a piece of cake. It took me a bit to figure out how to tune the VFO. I had assumed R and L mouse buttons but of course only the left changed the frequency and erratically.

So - job well done. I will dig into the documentation now, but if I can make it work just by poking around, it’s good software. Can’t say that for RS-BA1

Don
W6CZ

Hi Don,

I’m glad you are enjoying it!

Here are some ways to tune, in case you haven’t discovered them all yet:
Scroll wheel on the waterfall display, optionally hold down shift or control to change the rate
Scroll wheel on the tuning knob, or just drag the knob around in circles. Shift and control to change rate.
Plus and Minus keys on numeric keypad
Page up, Page Down, for MHz +/-
Also, you can hit star, type in a frequency, and press enter as a fast way to jump around.

–E
de W6EL

Tnx. I was going to dig those out. I figured to scroll wheel but I’m on a laptop. Playing with FT8 right now. Is there a way to have WFiew be the “radio” for WSJT-X as I do now with Flrig.

Next to get it working on my R pi

Don
W6CZ

Hi Don,

Have a look at the manual, there is a section on sharing rig control.

–E
de W6EL

Ugh. I was afraid you were going to say that. I’s hoped you’d done the work for me like Win4icom

Don
W6CZ

Hi Don,

It’s not too bad really. Install a virtual com port software package, and select the correct ports in both pieces of software.

If you look in our video section, I think there is one on this very setup. Second one down looks applicable.

–E
de W6EL

Yes. I guess I’ll have to spring for the pro license. Ugh. But their GUI does make it easy.

Now to do the same with a RaspberryPi.

At least with the Pi you won’t have to buy anything. (unless you’re running windows on the pi).

–E
de W6EL