Wfserver

I’m trying to compile the wfserver version. It complains about no such file when trying to include Eigen.

Dennis Engdahl
NR6J

Hi Dennis.

The wfserver branch is not stable at the moment, please stick to master!

Thanks

Phil

Hi, Phil:
I was following instructions on the Patreon discussion in order to try to get audio metering. I am connected to an Icom 7100 on a Raspberry Pi, using the latest Debian source, and controlling the radio with a remote Windows copy using the latest (4/1) nightly build. No audio metering! So I unsuccessfully tried the wfserver version as per the Patreon instructions.

Dennis Engdahl
NR6J

Ah, sorry I didn’t realise Elliott had been pointing people to use this branch on Patreon, if you checkout from before the changes made in the last week or so, you should be OK but I have started rewriting the audio handling and it is very much in a state of flux at the moment.

73 Phil M0VSE

I’m getting a similar when I try to compile the master branch.

fatal error: eigen3/Eigen/Eigen: no such file or directory

This happens when compiling audiohandler.h

Any suggestions for a work-around? Thanks.

Hi Harry,

Yes. What OS?

—E
de W6EL

Hi Harry,

For linux:
sudo apt-get -y install libeigen3-dev
For windows:
git clone https://gitlab.com/libeigen/eigen.git

–E
de W6EL

Hi Harry,

the same problem existed here!
The error was that the script was from November 2021. Please try Download again completely.
Before delete the old script in Download Folder.
After that there were no problems to compile in Linux Mint and Raspian OS.
WFview runs very stable with the software updates.

**** Info from wfview webpage Downloads:

For debian-based systems (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Raspberry Pi, etc), you may obtain the latest version of the master branch of wfview by running this build script:

Simply download the script to ~/Downloads and run the following commands:

cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x fullbuild-wfview.sh
./fullbuild-wfview.sh

73 Andy

I’m running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I will install the libeigen3-dev package and download the updated script.

Thanks!
Harry W3YJ

That worked. Thanks!

Harry W3YJ

Hi Phil

where do I even get wfserver anyway?? I finally opted out fo IC7300 (I do like my waterfall… lol) so I am now planning to run ICOM-7100 for VHF/UHF and SHF transverters and IC7300 for HF - full remote.

Altough I have a RPI4B / 4G RAM available with full wfview, I also have some older HW - RPI3A, Bananapi M1 and OrangePI Zero 2 and I thought I would run no gui - server only mode?

Browsing through gitlab I cant find wfserver…any hints please?

BR Jiri OK2IT

I guess wfserver.pro - so building instead of wfview.pro - if that’s the case then I found it :wink:

Make sure to read here:

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/headless-server/

It may be a bit outdated but it should have some good clues.

–E
de W6EL

Tnx Elliott

I had a poke around but interetingly - passwords dont seems to work. i figured out tha tdefault is user / password which works, but if I create awfview.conf or ini file withing linux, and I try to use the section within wfserver.conf, I got user / pass error on wfview. I went as far as port monitor/mirror on switch and looked at data on port 50001-50003 but obviously password goes encrypted… Anyway, for testing , all is ok using default.

Now I do get a bit of issues when compiling wfview/wfserver on OrangePI Zero 2 and BananaPI M1. Eventually I got the Bananna going by simply adding debian repo and installing a package/armhf which seems to work…(BanannaPI isnt that good of being RFI Immune so I got issues with /dev/ttyUSBx going from 0 to 8 as it resets itself). RPi4B seems better.
For this reason I am making a small adapter board with cables, maybe someone find it intereting - It is a 5cm long USB A- to a little shielded box, where each of USB wires goes via clamping diode and capacitors to prevent RF buildup) and cables are as short as possible and covered by as many ferrite beads as possible.

Jiri

Hi Jiri,

That is excellent news. Please keep us informed, I am sure there are others that would like to see how you progress.

I’m interested in what packages you had issues with. We may be able to find an easier workaround.

You can try generating a new user/pass using your client wfview. Save settings. And then go to the client config file and copy out the encoded password. It’s just encoded like a sort of “rolling” replacement alphabet.

Keep us informed, this is quite interesting and will no-doubt net us some updates for our documentation,

—E
de W6EL