Wfview 1.50 released

Hi Gary,

Can you send us a screenshot of the interface issue? I will look at your log later today.

Thanks,

—E
de W6EL

Thank you for such impressive follow up. A zip file of screen shots of all pertinent wfview settings and usage are attached.

I am running a 7300 on USB direct, and have attempted to setup for use as remote as well. In both cases, there is no audio. In fact, I am baffled how I would setup which audio is used for direct/local use as all the settings appear for network operation.

All my systems have RS-BA1 v1 running on them, and it is quite ok. I have wondered if the virtual serial ports/drivers they use are interfering with wfview, and whether they can or cannot coexist on the same computer. It is running Win10pro, and is up to date.

Audio plays fine locally using rs-ba1, and I do hear the bing-bong of a device connecting/configuring, but then a bong-bing of the deconfiguration.

There was an error message during install, not finding a file, but I thought that might be related to being started in an initial state.

Thanks and 73,

Don VA7IQ / AE7UP

PS: once I have a handle on how to install and use, I will be giving presentations to a couple radio club - one in Tucson for sure, and one in Vancouver Canada

(Attachment screen_shots.zip is missing)

Elliott,
Here is the screen shot
Gary
W9TD

Elliott,
Wfview works now, except for audio. I had CI-V transceive off for some reason. The log says no audio device found, you probably need to install libqt5multimedia-plugins. There is no such file, I found libqt5multimedia5-plugins. After I set the Audio Output device to pulse from default, I hear audio.
Gary
W9TD

Hi Don,

wfview does not use the audio from usb-connected radios unless you are wishing to run a wfview server, in which case it will use the audio. This is because, USB radios already provide a USB audio stream, there is no need for wfview to do anything with it. You should be able to simply launch any program that uses radio audio as normal.

Are you presenting to the RST club in Tucson, or maybe the K7UAZ club? Say hi for me :-), I was club president at K7UAZ as a student and we did many things with the RST club as well.

Also, your attachment got scrubbed, not really sure why. You can send them direct to me if you like, my email is good on QRZ.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Gary,

I’m glad you found it! That library file should be a dependency, I’m sorry it wasn’t installed already for you. FYI for anyone reading this, this file, libqt5multimedia-plugins, is only for linux users. The error message means that no audio devices were found. One alternate solution that may work for some people is to switch from Qt Audio (an audio system) to RT Audio or Port Audio.

Let us know if you run into any other issues,

–E
de W6EL

Thanks. I resent the screen shots just now. I will resetup for network operation and provide logs and screen shots. No audio there either…

So, my understanding is that if setup for USB, the assumption is that you are right at the radio and audio is from it. There is no other way to hear audio that I am aware of. For USB operation and network setup, then that is supposed to work, but not yet.

The club I will present to is at one of the RV parks in the Drexel Heights area, with about 15-20 members.

Cheerio Don

blocked.gif

Hi Don,

Basically correct. When you are physically present at the radio, using a USB cable, you can use the radio’s speaker for monitoring and use programs on the computer to use the USB audio, such as wsjt-x or fldigi.

If you want to create a radio server with wfview, then, yes, it will use the audio from the radio to create the streaming audio, and use the serial port of the USB interface for the CI-V commands.

–E
de W6EL

Elliott,
Any comment on the screen pic that I sent where the field titles are overlapped by the items below.
Gary

I have one question:
Is the (driverless) ShuttleXpress-support already implemented in v 1.50?

Gary,

It looks like you might have some kind of font scaling or interface scaling enabled on your system. Can you check?

–E
de W6EL

nope, not yet. Sorry!

Elliott,

I have had some issues with screen changes when using the touchpad. I don’t know how I cause that, but it is bothersome. I thought I restored things but might not have. I am using a 1920x1080 screen and when I select defaults for large screens that is what I get. When I select defaults for medium screens, everything shrinks to too small. How do you determine whether the font or ui is scaled?

Gary

Hi Gary,

With a program like wfview, it is difficult for us to automatically scale spacing with any scaling the user has enabled. We have a lot of different types of widgets that scale differently, so we have not had success with the built-in methods which are supposed to handle scaling. I don’t really know the best solution.

You can experiment running this command prior to opening wfview, in the terminal:
export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1; wfview
And you can try values other than 1 as well. I’m not really sure if this will do the trick though.

–E
de W6EL

I gave the script a try on my main PC running Mint Linux. Installed fine with no problem and see the 1.51 version when I start it.
I tried to install on my Pi 400 (which is running my IC7300) and get the following:

pi@hampi:~/Downloads $ ./fullbuild-wfview.sh
./fullbuild-wfview.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token newline' ./fullbuild-wfview.sh: line 2:

I do have WFview 1.2e installed on that and has been working well, but this one didn’t go.
Just wondering if anyone has seen the same? I do have HamPi distro and some of KM4ACKs Winlink software on there too.

Tom KA7VIK

Hi Tom,

Are you sure you downloaded the script correctly? Check the contents of the script. We have a video on our downloads page and the video page which shows the process.

—E
de W6EL

I’ll double check. I could have screwed that up going from web to VNC connected pi.

Thanks!
Tom

Whoops! I copied over HTML rather than code.
Duh…total brainfart. Sorry about that, it seems to be doing something now.
Tom :slight_smile: