Wfview not operational with IC-736

Hi Peter,

This is great! I really appreciate you taking the time to analyze this deeply. I’m all for adding more fine-grained support for various serial devices, although it’ll take time to get around to it. We can toggle all those lines, we recently added support for PTT over RTS, for example.

I suppose a setup GUI could allow the user to “stick” RTS or DTR permanently high or low, and also select one for PTT use on radios that lack the PTT command.

You can see the RTS code here:

Around line 211. Very simple really, port->setRequestToSend(bool).

You could prototype your DTR toggle in the constructor of the commHandler. I believe the line would be like this:
port->setDataTerminalReady(true);
I’d probably add it right after the port is opened. (See, it’s the GUI part that takes forever! All those checkboxes and glue logic…)

I think this is something we’ll do. Especially given my personal obsession over taking older rigs online, where this kind of thing is more likely to be encountered.

–E
de W6EL

Hi, I think have the same problem with my Icom IC-718. For example in JTDX if the force control lines DTR=hight the CAT connection work fine. In other case not. I recent install version 1.64 of wfview but I cant connect with my RIG.

Exists any wfview version that include option to force DTR or RTS state?

Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

Check the “Send RTS for PTT” option in the settings.

—E
de W6EL

I tryied but not work.

While software is connecting I heard “clics” of internal relays

I use same usb->serial cable with other software and work fine. For example jtdx.
In jtdx note that the only way work is if DTR force control line is HIGHT.

I upload some config and logs window screenshots.
Obviously in each test the port is not in use for another app.

Wfview doesn’t have DTR switching yet. Just RTS. But we can add that to our feature request list.

Thanks, it would be very useful.

73, co2lky

For now, maybe you could rewrite your interface so that RTS goes to PTT? It might be simpler than it seems.