WFVIEW - simultaneous use with logbooks and more

I add myself to the compliments made by others and it is always a great emotion for me to participate in the development phases (professional deformation).
I would like to suggest you to integrate a system that allows an OM to use WFVIEW simultaneously with other software, primarily the logbooks.
The system via IP already does its job well, but for those who use the USB connection it is no longer usable at the same time. The solution is the usual SPLIT-COM but it is often unstable and uncomfortable.
I would suggest thinking about omnirig or making an internal split available in the software itself.
I regularly use Log4OM and N1MM so I am available to test with them.
Many thanks again guys.

Thanks for the kind words Max, the problem with OmniRig is that it is Windows only and one of the aims of wfview is to be truly multi-platform.

We already have the facility to use a virtual split serial port and I have had lots of success with using VSPE. At the moment, the wfview end of the connection is hard-coded as COM20 but this will be configurable.

We are also in the early stages of implementing an ‘emulation’ of rigctld which will hopefully work with programs such as WSJT-X and Log4OM and allow multiple programs to connect to the rig. We also plan a proper CI-V router which will intelligently route only the requested commands as some implementations (hamlib) are not great at dealing with unsolicited C-IV commands!

Unfortunately, serial port emulation in Windows is a complex task as it requires a ‘signed’ driver which is beyond the scope of a FOSS project like wfview. The Icom remote utility achieves this using a 3rd party plugin which they will have paid a license fee for. I am looking at the possibility of using something like the Eterlogic VSPE API as I have a licence for that but it would require users buy their own licence I think?

73 Phil M0VSE

Thanks for the kind words Max, the problem with OmniRig is that it is Windows only and one of the aims of wfview is to be truly multi-platform.

We already have the facility to use a virtual split serial port and I have had lots of success with using VSPE. At the moment, the wfview end of the connection is hard-coded as COM20 but this will be configurable…