Wfview v1.2a (alpha release) is now available

Hi.

We have just uploaded the Windows/MacOS downloads for wfview v1.2a to Download | wfview

You can find it under the Test (Alpha) releases section.

This release includes various improvements but the highlights are:

Dual meter support
In the settings page, you can now select a secondary meter to be displayed underneath the standard ‘S’ meter.

rigctld emulation
wfview contains the ability to emulate a hamlib rigctld. This is by far the best method to connect supported software to wfview. It has been tested with Log4OM, WSJT-X, Minos, grig and various other apps. It isn’t a 100% complete emulation of rigctld but if you do find a required function isn’t supported, please let us know. rigctld can be enabled by checking “enable rigCtld” in the Settings tab. The default port has been set to 4533 so it doesn’t conflict with any existing rigctld running on port 4532. If you are certain that you have no other rigctld running, we recommend changing this to 4532.

opus protocol support
When connecting a wfview client to a wfview server, you now have the option of selecting “Opus” as the TX/RX audio codec. In testing, this has resulted in 80-90% reduction of bandwidth requirements with no discernable drop in audio quality. This is especially useful for users connecting to a remote wfview server over the Internet. Direct connection to rigs with a LAN port will NOT use the Opus protocol and wfview will revert to LPCM

There have been various other fixes/improvements “under the hood” including checkboxes in the power off and quit confirmation dialog boxes to force wfview to not ask for confirmation in the future.

Please let us know of any issues in this alpha release. We will soon be uploading a pre-compiled Linux binary.

73 Phil M0VSE

linux binaries are up

1 Like

Hi, I made some tests today with the new version, (but kept my old config file)
I am running Linux Mint 20.2 on a MacbookPro 2009 and IC-705 with USB cable.

One perhaps minor Problem:
if I set the frequency to 145.000 MHz and the “stepping” to 1 MHz and click
On the VFO wheel I get 166.00 MHz.
If I step with left arrow I get 144 and with right arrow 146.
If I set 144.300 and step 1 kHz and click the vfo wheel I get 144.322 MHz.
The arrows work OK stepping 1 kHz at a time.

/ keep up the good work / Tommy SM6NZB

PS no response from RC-28 DS

Hi, thanks for the new version, running the Windows version here. It looks like the 25 KHz step size is missing from the drop down.

Scott,

there is no 25 kHz step in the code. Since you asked, I added it

c46eb65…f1221c6 master → master

and next version will contain also a 25 kHz step.

Thanks!
I have downloaded 1.2a for a coupe of days ago - and it works fine for me. Running win10 on both server and client. IC-7300 as station. Was able to use log4om (v2.15.0.0) with hamlib (rigctld) without any problems - no latency at all. One question: if I want to trie opus protocol do I have to change it on both sides (server and client)?

I mostely using wfview from my remote location - and it performs very well - Thanks.

thanks Pål,

I am not 100% sure – Phil can tell. If the remote end does not support opus
it will revert back to the compatible standard. So if you select opus, save and (to be sure) restart
and you get reverted – the remote end should then be set to opus too. But I’m guessing here.

note that you need to have 1.2a or later on both ends.

Thanks Roeland,

I use this with the IC-R8600 so the 25 KHz step is nice for the civilian and military air bands. Greatly appreciated!

1 Like