Where is .conf saved

Trying to get my head around setting up dual radios using shortcuts in windows 11. Where is the config file saved so that duplicates can be created for each radio. The app gives no indication. Looking back through the log I get Saving settings to “\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\wfview\wfview” but a search using Regedit gives no pointers to its location. Help!

There is no need to search for the location of configuration files.

For example, if the radio device you are using is IC-718, this will make management easier.
wfview --settings ic-718.conf
Start Wfview, make settings for 718, and save.

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/command-line-arguments/

DE NAKAO

1 Like

Thanks Nakao,
Does it automatically save the configuration file using the Radio ID?

Kind regards
Peter Juett
Unit 385/36 Hillier Rd.,
Hillier SA 5116
pjuett@adam.com.au

Since I am using a translation function, I may not be able to understand the content correctly.

–settings ic-718.conf
By executing , the ic-718.conf configuration file will be automatically created.

1 Like

If you read the link that was kindly provided, you will understand this much better. Your question is covered there.

Thanks Elliot, Followed the directions.
Still don’t know where the conf files are stored, but it’s working fine with separate short cuts for each radio profile.
Would also like to find the frequency settings files to see if I can speed up the process of loading my repeater table from my IC-9700. Is it an XML, CSV or DAT file stored somewhere?

Kind regards
Peter Juett
Unit 385/36 Hillier Rd.,
Hillier SA 5116
pjuett@adam.com.au

Peter,

Please read the manual. We should not have to “spoon feed” you the information that is available so easily. You really can find all the information pretty quickly using either google or our website’s manual.

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/preferences-file/

–E
de W6EL

Sorry I’m asking these questions. I didn’t realise so much of this program resides in the registry configuration. Any advances on this change?
[Memory]
This section contains the 99 memories managed by wfview. Don’t bother making a parser for this format, we will change to CSV in future versions.

Kind regards
Peter Juett
Unit 385/36 Hillier Rd.,
Hillier SA 5116
pjuett@adam.com.au