CI-V Trancieve changing back to off

Hi

I have done some testing this morning with 1.2a and also seen this problem in previous versions.

The setting on my IC7300 for CI-V transceive changes back to OFF when I close wfview on the remote computer. Not always but a lot of times. Have had several trips down the stairs today to change it back on the radio. Server computer win10 and client both win10 and win11. latest firmware on the radio.

Is there any way to prevent this? Anybody else noticed this?

br
George

No other radio software running on the server computer.

Hi George.

wfview ‘itself’ does not change the CI-V transceive setting. What other software are you running on the ‘client’ computer? The virtual serial port code attempts to detect and block any commands that disable CI-V transceive but it is possible that one is being missed.

Can you let me know what other software is running and I will try to replicate your setup?

73 Phil M0VSE

Thanks Phil

Probably the most problems have been when running LogHX3.

I can’t say for sure if it have happened with UCX-log. Or with logger32. Have been jumping between different logging software all day.

Br
George

Hi George.

I have found the problem, the virtual serial port/pty code tries to filter-out the CI-V Transceive command but unfortunately, I hadn’t realized that each rig uses a different command for this (thanks Icom!).

I have now added a more robust (rig specific) check for this which seems to work so once we have tested it internally, we will release a 1.2b.

73 Phil M0VSE

1 Like