Ic7300 unable to connect

I am only getting :searching ci-v bus for connected radios : on the client radio

We’re going to need a lot more information to really help you with this.

Try a partial reset on the 7300. I have that problem and the partial reset usually fixes it.

AC5LL

Thank you ,i did that but no luck.
73Hans

Details please… we can’t help you with so little information.

The usb connection works fine.Server is enabled.on the client side "searching ci-v bus for connected radios " appears.Tried differend laptops.Win10,win11.No luck.
Hope that helps a bit.Thanks for helping me.

Hans Ky4gl

Hi Hans,

Do you have CI-V transceive turned on, on the radio? Please verify and make sure it is turned on. Make sure:

• Do not check “Manual Radio CI-V Address”
  • Do not check “Use CI-V address as Model ID too”

Verify both server and client. Save settings, close, re-open.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot,
yes i did all thatThe server computer is my desctop and the client computers are two different laptops.One with win10 the other win11.

Hans

| eliggett Elliott Liggett
23 October |

• | - |

Hi Hans,

Do you have CI-V transceive turned on, on the radio? Please verify and make sure it is turned on. Make sure:

• Do not check “Manual Radio CI-V Address”
  • Do not check “Use CI-V address as Model ID too”

Verify both server and client. Save settings, close, re-open.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Hans,

On the server side, what text do you see in the bottom-right corner of wfview? It may say “NONE” or “IC-7300” likely.

And again, please make double sure that CI-V Transceive is turned on. This is usually the cause of this particular error.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot,
It says ic-7300.yes it is turned on .I also testet my stby.ic7300 with the thame result.

Hans

Hi Hans,

Please re-launch the server, then open the client. Replicate the error.

On both the client and the server:
Open the log (press “Log”). Then press “Send to termbin”. Send us the resulting URLs so that we can view your log.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot,
done that.
But which URL?

Hans

23 October |

• | - |

Hi Hans,

Open the log (press “Log”). Then press “Send to termbin”. Send us the resulting URLs so that we can view your log.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

When you click on ‘Send to termbin’ within the log window, you will receive a popup containing the URL of the sent log. This is what you need to post here so we can examine it.

Phil

Be sure that you downloaded the correct usb driver for the usb acble you use.the driver can be easily to download from icom website.

Hi Elliot,

http://Https://termin.com/sv8w and http://Https://termin.com/ox35s.

Thank"s

Hans

23 October |

• | - |

Hi Hans,

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

The client log indicates that it is never successfully connecting to the server. Make sure that the client can ping the server IP address:

ping < server ip >

Assuming this is successful, it is most likely that you have some other software running on the server which is using UDP port 50001-50003 (Anydesk is a usual culprit). Either remove the offending software, or change the UDP ports on both the client and server (I usually use 50011 - 50013)

Phil

Hi Phil,

Tanks for your help,but here ends my computer knowledge.I give up.

Hans

I also never could reach the server even when pinging was positive. Both PC connected to the same server in the same subnet firewall switched off endless trying to find out what secret network creature is blocking the simplest connections
Had to give up.

At first, I had issues connecting my 7300 to WFview and it turned out that the default ports of 50001, 2, 3 were taken by other services on my PC. Soon as I changed them to something else, all was well. Try a port scan to make sure the default ports are free if those are what you use. If you can’t do that then use another set of ports like 60001, 2, 3, and see if you get connection. Mine works well over my own home network but I need to find a satisfactory way to connect when away from own network. All my other settings in WFview are as described in other posts in this thread.

Hi Hans,

Running your own real-time streaming server (that’s what wfview server is, effectively), is not for everyone. It does indeed involve some knowledge into how networks function. And then there are other issues that can come up with regards to properly selecting audio sources.

Don’t feel bad about it, it isn’t for everyone. I get it.

–E
de W6EL