Release 1.2c (was 1.2b) for testing need volunteers ;-)

During the testing, I changed the polling to 35mS too but no improvement.
I closed wfview and In WSJTx I temporely switched back to OmniRig, doing so I noticed that WSJTx did not complain about communication lost with the 7300, looks to me OmniRig is running in the background while I had not started Log4OM. Changing frequency on the 7300 was also visible in WSJTx.
I looked in the task manager but don’t see a program running with the name OmniRig so I cannot stop it.
Is it possible that OmniRig is disturbing the rigctld communication?

When switching off Data, the filter is changed from 1 to 2, enabling data no change back to 1.

73, Fred

Hi Phil!
My internet connection to my rig is not the best, but also not bad. Experiencing often that the ptt command is not reaching the server from the client when using wsjtx via rigctld.
73s
Rainer

I still wonder why the rigctt connection to my 7300 is not reliable enough to work with WSJTx. Played with the polling setting last night but was not able to get a stable connection between WSJTx and the 7300. While setting up a connection, the frequency is not always set correctly or the tx is not enabled. The first transmission of a connection in most cases fails and needs frequency correction.
When tx enabled and WSJTx sends the xmit frequency and something goes wrong in the communication to the 7300, WSJTx does not return back to it’s RX frequency either.
Waiting for better times.

73, Fred

Hello Fred,

I am having the same issues with both WSJT-X (which I use only if I must for a contest) and JTDX (which unfortunately still has no contest features). I am also waiting for better times, for both wfview and jtdx (hi hi).

Steve - N7SE

We are aware of that it’s sometimes being missed according to your reports.

I’ve never had it happen to me or @phil but we’re thinking of a solution.

I also see regularly, that the network connection gets completely hung up. Only solution then to get it work again is restarting the server pc. In my case I am running windows where the server side wfview is running. I know that my internet connection is not that reliable to my remote station, but win4icom also sometimes hangs for a short moment, but never hang up completely.
73s
Rainer

Rainer, some q for extra info:

• do you connect win4icom via rsba1 or with it’s own v1.06 connection-code?
  • if you instead of restarting anything, you exit wfview. wait a few minutes and reconnect - how does that go? (the remote, e.g. the rig needs to drop LAN and it does that after some time.

I have seen that “hung” connections do appear when you all over sudden get a differen egress ip address – not sure if your mobile provider keeps the initial IP address or if it’s changed over time.

If it changes, the rig sees it as a new connection and as stated above: needs to drop the old first.
Can you check that one as well? I know – obile is not safe to check stuff out so be careful there if you are :wink:

Hi Roeland!
With win4Icom I use his own server app v1.06 but never used it since the last time resetted everything and sticked with wfview.
Waiting does not solve the connection problem. The IP address changes sometimes, all few weeks or so, but I have dynv6 and ddns running and connecting via a wireguard tunnel.
I am using a IC-7300 and wfview running on a windows machine connected via USB to the rig. If wfview is running for some time I see some packets dropped, but had never the experience that the connection gets that interrupted, that it is completely hung up.
73s
Rainer

ah the 7300 means you use wfview remote too. Missed that one.
I am not sure if it will drop the connection lik e arig does; if not its a featue we
need to have.

Let’s see when @phil has time to join to see what’s going on there.

If you happen to have logging… it would be appreciated. Possibly both ends.

The win4Icom server app is not a good reference from my experience. I never had good success. It was lagged and often there where delays when clicking on buttons. For example there was often a delay in switching to and from TX or changing frequencies.

My local network is excellent using 5Ghz WiFi, no problems with other software. Win4Icom works good when using the Icom RSBA1 Utility. Also no problems with Wfview.

73… Ken - VE5KC

Hi Roeland!
I think that has to do with the USB connection from the PC to the rig, but I could be wrong. This time it took longer than the last time and happend at 10:05:31 where you can see in the log from the client that the audio watchdog pops up. At this moment the connection was hanging.
On the server side the app still runs and shows a connection even if i push the disconnect button on the client. Reconnecting on the client side doesn’t work then.
You also see that even when the client side at 10:08:22 shows a connection, there is nothing logged anaymore later than 10:04:42 on the server side.

log_client_connhangup.txt (2.5 KB)
log_server_connhangup.txt (4.8 KB)

I have v1.2c running on Windows 10 with WSJT-X via USB and on my Mac Powerbook as a client. It is working almost perfectly - audio and spectrum and rig control are working on both platforms.

But: On Win10 if I leave WF enabled, WSJT-X loses the virtual serial connection every few minutes. If I turn WF off, it is stable over hours.

Damon

Hi Damon.

That’s interesting and suggests that the waterfall data is ‘leaking’ through the virtual serial port and causing problems with wsjt-x. Are you using Hamlib or OmniRig for rigcontrol in wsjt-x?

73 Phil

Oh, excellent question. I have hamlib installed and use that with fldigi for a VHF radio. But in WSJT-X I am using the direct CAT control native to the app. I can test it using a different method though.

Damon

Hi Damon,

The native rig control in wsjt-x is Hamlib based, I know that it can be particularly intolerant of ‘unsolicited’ data so wfview tries to avoid sending anything over the virtual serial port that it isn’t expecting, but it likely is still sending WF data, I will check.

73 Phil

Yep, absolutely right. And I forgot you had enabled Hamlib in this beta. So, I have switched WSJT-X to point at :4533 and also turned on FLRIG and pointed it at the virtual serial port to see what happens.

So far, everything works from all interfaces and no error messages.

Damon

Hi !

The complete communication hang up has to do with rigctld and when more than one SW is used, specially when wstjt-x is used in combination with a logging software which also runs udp on localhost on port 2237. This happens on windows as server and windows or mac osx as client. The wfview SW alone runs smooth. Did not test it for a long time, but wsjt-x alone with wfview runs smooth as well, but as there is a logging program involved and the udp server in wsjt-x is enabled with all options enabled it kills on my side the connection in a random period. Sometimes after two or three minutes, sometimes after 10-15 minutes. Seee the logs above in the last post.
73s
Rainer

thanks for the extra information.

We’ll take a look at it – currently two members are busy at work with releases there and other issues so we might be a bit slow.

the cause of my program freezing problem could be my wireguard vpn connection. resetting the vpn connection brought the wfview the last time again into working state (wf runs, sound is sent, rig responding, etc.). Server side is Win10 and IC-7300 via USB - VPN - Client Win/Mac. The remote side hangs on an not ideal LTE modem connection (variable pings/jitter, sometimes a packet drops).

One thing regarding then restarting the remote side wfview application. If I close it via the X or menu quit and reopen it, the connection can not be made again from the client side. If I stop wfview via the Task Manager then the client can connect again, sure same when restarting the server.
73s
Rainer

I’m playing with this version of the software, 1.2c, and I find it very functional. I found a problem, and I seem to have found the reason.

information:
Icom IC 7300
PC with ubuntu (latest version)
WFVIEW 1.2c (version 153)
I have the screen saver set to 30 min, and when the saving is activated wfview gets fried.
I have seen it on several occasions, and tonight I turned off saving and after several hours the program was still running.
There may be two things that cause the problem. that don’t want him to turn off the monitor, or it’s probably more plausible that I have scheduled him to ask for credentials again when he returns from savings.
When it gets fried, the graphical environment allows me to close it, but I have to kill the executable (killall wfview153) so I can start it up again.
Now faithfully check if by modifying the savings so that I am not asked for credentials, the program hangs or not.

EB3AM, Catalonia