Waterfall

Phil, I attached the log file from powershell. I see increase latency and arrive too late. To be honest I do not know much about computer lingo. The other things I checked as per Roeland, CI-V USB Baud Rate 115K2 - CI-V Baud rate 19200 - The 7610 version is 1.3. CI-V Transceive is on. CI-V USB Port is set to Link to [REMOTE]. Waterfall is on. Dual watch is off. Data OFF Mod is Mic,USB - Question does Data 3 Mod need to be set to LAN? Or is MIC,USB okay? Also running the new version of WFVIEW 1.1.

When I bring up Wfview on the laptop, I can send and receive, use all of the controls, turn on/off tuner etc. I made some contacts the last few days and I had very good audio reports. Only thing that does not work is the waterfall ?

John
ND1X

IMG_2467.JPG

This must be set to Unlink from [REMOTE] as the radio canā€™t send the waterfall data when linked due to the limited baud rate.

73 Phil M0VSE

Phil I reset back to unlink remote. Still no waterfall. Back to the drawing board.

John
ND1X

Hi John,

If unlink was off (ie, it was ā€œlinkedā€), then the radio might not have accepted 115200 baud setting, as the single-wire ā€œremoteā€ CI-V canā€™t go above 19200.

You might want to really consider backing up the radioā€™s settings and doing a hard reset on it. We regularly test on the IC-7610.

ā€“E
de W6EL

unliuckily one of the tester-7610ā€™s is having a holiday break so cannot check the settings.
I assume Phil did x-check too. He has a 7610.

The waterfall is working fine using my IC-7610 using the internal server. I have no idea what your problem might be as it seems that all the radio settings have been covered.

Have you tried uninstalling wfview then restart your computer and reinstall wfview. This solved a problem for me in the past.

73ā€¦ Ken - VE5KC

1 Like

Ken, I have done exactly that. Removed Wfview completely and re-installed. Still no waterfall., I have another WIN10 desktop that is used by others in the family so I downloaded Wfview, I extracted the files as I have done with the laptop. Then ran the program as it downloads, Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistribute comes up around 91 % into the download, it starts to load and then I get the message it canā€™t load it, I had a window come up and said I could ignore. So I did, Wfview finished loading. I put in all the info, etc. Ran it and the Waterfall works as does tuning on transmit etc. etc. Just like I was sitting in front of my radio. Perplexing to say the least.

But my laptop doesnā€™t say that and just loads the program. But no waterfall.

John
ND1X

Roeland, I removed Wfview completely and re-installed. Still no waterfall., I have another WIN10 desktop that is used by others in the family so I downloaded Wfview, I extracted the files as I have done with the laptop. Then I ran the program as it downloads, Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistribute comes up around 91 % into the download, it starts to load and then I get the message it canā€™t load it, I had a window come up and said I could ignore it. So I did, Wfview finished loading. I put in all the info, etc. Ran it and the Waterfall works as does tuning on transmit etc. etc. Just like I was sitting in front of my radio. Perplexing to say the least.

But my laptop doesnā€™t say that and just loads the program. But no waterfall.

Tnx, John
ND1X

oh boy what fun you have there :wink:

maybe something is written wrong in the registry or something. Now thatā€™s a wild guess.

Roeland, well you know ā€œMr Murphyā€ he sometimes visits the ham shack. But itā€™s perplexing to me that my Win10 laptop wonā€™t show the waterfall and the Win 10 Desktop does which is 2 floors above the shack. Worked like a champ. Iā€™ll keep trying but I think itā€™s a futile attempt!

73, John
ND1X

Hi John,

Computers are so much fun! I glad to be retired and only have to keep my own runningā€¦ Hiā€¦

Some things to considerā€¦ What are the differences in hardware between the computers? Is the laptop an older one? There are times when the CPU and/or Graphics can be a problem. Check that the laptops BIOS and drivers are up to date.

A friend had a problem with the spectrum display software for a Flex rig and it was solved with a different graphics driver.

In most cases in servicing, if all else fails a reinstall of windows will be tried.
(after backing up anything of importance)

Good luck and keep us posted.

73ā€¦ Ken - VE5KC

John, was this ever resolved? I also have a 7610 with the exact same issue, including transient install error. (ā€˜Error during install process (org.wfview.wfview): Execution failed (Unexpected exit code: 3010): ā€œC:\Program Files (x86) \wfview\vc_redist.x86.exe/passive/norestartā€ā€™

All on Win10 (i7,8GB,OSBuild 19043.1165) (WSJT-X works w/ waterfall)

Dirk, KB1HKN

Hi Dirk,

That error usually occurs when there is a reboot required, you should just be able to manually install the Microsoft redistributable ā€œC:\Program Files (x86) \wfview\vc_redist.x86.exeā€

If the waterfall isnā€™t being displayed, this is usually because the rig type isnā€™t being detected (NONE is displayed in the bottom right hand side of the window) , is CI-V transceive enabled on the radio? https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/getting-started/

73 Phil M0VSE

the waterfall of wsjtx is based on the audio that comes from the rig. Itā€™s noy way compareable ā€“ you will see some striking speed diffs when you have it working ;-).

I canā€™t stand wsjtx waterfall tbh.

This morning I reinstalled wfview, giving it another go, thinking I would have to install the C++ redist from MS after installing wfview. But wfview worked this morning without having to manually install the C++ redist. I works, Iā€™m happy, thanks for the encouragement.

thatā€™s good news! Have fun!

Dick, I can get the Wfview running on my laptop with my ethernet connection. But, no I can not get the waterfall to work? I have tried everything, I know the settings on the radio are correct and I know by heart the settings now. Forget about the RS-BA1 working, no luck at all ! The latency is almost negligible as well., But very frustrating about the waterfall. My laptop is running Win 8 and possibly that is the reason the waterfall does not work. My guess is that the laptop does not have enough memory running only 4 GHZ. Itā€™s right on the edge for the RS-BA1 software. The WFview works but when I go into settings and save settings the program does not save and I have to shut down the computer and get it running again. I even downloaded 1.2A WFview and that didnā€™t make a difference!

Tnx, John
ND1X

Hi John,

I am able to run wfview on my 14-year-old Core 2 Duo iMac with 2 GB ram, trust me, your computer can do it (although I have no idea about windows 8).

All I can suggest is to manually set each important parameter on the radio and try again. You might even try a factory reset if thatā€™s an option for you.

ā€“E
de W6EL

windows 8 is not an issue - at some point I tested it in a virtal machine when we started the ā€œit needs to run on win7 tooā€ part

Hi all.

We need to determine exactly what isnā€™t working, does the rig model appear in the bottom right hand corner of the screen? If it is ā€˜NONEā€™ then this means that the rig hasnā€™t been correctly detected. Maybe if you could post a screenshot of wfview so we can try to work this out?

73 Phil M0VSE