Wfview 1.60 released

IC-7300. Win 11 64 bits, Does not show on rig

Thanks Phil!!
Thanks worked for me also.

Thank you, that seems to have fixed it!

We are going to re-release 1.60 containing a proper fix for this…

OK the Windows downloads for 1.60 have been updated with the fix. The waterfall format workaround is perfectly OK to leave in place though.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick fix.

1 Like

Dear Phil and to the group. A big problem has occurred since 1.60. although client and server 1.60 is installed on both sides, the client immediately gets stuck on my Win 10 PC. everything went ufb up to version 1.59! Everything for the IC 7300 via RPI 4 . with the IC 705, on the other hand, everything works great! Is there a DLL missing or is there still something to be corrected??? can’t send a log file!!! Vy 73 Jan-Peter-DL3KVT

Hi Jan-Peter

Does wfview start on the client PC and just ‘hang’ or does the window never appear? Can you explain ‘exactly’ what happens as everything needed to run wfview is definitely packaged with it?

Can you check the %TEMP%/wfview directory as it may have been able to log something before crashing?

73 Phil

• | - |

Hi Jan-Peter

Does wfview start on the client PC and just ‘hang’ or does the window never appear? Can you explain ‘exactly’ what happens as everything needed to run wfview is definitely packaged with it?

Can you check the %TEMP%/wfview directory as it may have been able to log something before crashing?

73 Phil

Hello dear Phil, the problem has been solved! I copied the 1.60 version into a new directory and so it simply generated a wrong IP address and a different password that didn’t belong there. in the same folder as before, he always took over everything 1:1! Now everything works great! was just writing to you!!! Vy 73 by Jan-Peter-DL3KVT

Hello, can´t install the version 1.60 on my computer with windows 10 22h2 os 32 bit.
Got the right install file, but don´t let me install.
Version 1.5 works fine for install but I miss the highlights you offer on 1.6.
Thanks
Gunnar

I have never seen Windows 10 32 bit, to be honest I can’t really think of any reason to install it!

Do you get any error messages? It is possible that the installer that I used for the 32bit version has generated a 64bit installer, but I don’t have any machines to test it on.

If this is the case, I can probably generate a new installer using an older version.

Thanks

Phil

and what is the error thrown?

I am sure that Phil mentioned highlights

I’ve just checked the changelog for the QT installer framework and it does look like they have moved to a 64 bit installer. Give me a few minutes and I will generate a new 32bit installer.

4.4.0-beta
- Build Windows installer with 64bit MSVC2019 (QTIFW-2544)

Hi Gunnar.

Can you try downloading the 1.60 32bit Windows download again from Windows (x86) release v1.6 | wfview

This “should” now be a 32bit installer.

73 Phil

Thanks Phil,
now it works with the new installer.
So I´m using an older laptop with not to much RAM, thatsway I run 32 bit version on this system.
Thanks for quick support, have a nice sunday!
Gunnar

as windows needs quite a lot of memory, what actually have you there?

thanks for 1.6 juste tested here

PC1 W7-64 connected USB to IC7100

WFview set as server

PC2 W10-64 connected to PC1 WFview client

initial WFview at client showed now the IC7100 at the correct frequency ( IC7100 tuned ay 3630 LSB )
first time i heard audio with this version 1.5 never connected to server and never had audio on PC1 or 2
But the audio was just noise no relation with the audio heard on the IC7100
after some trying audio noise was lost on PC1 and PC2

until now not found why
after that the IC7100 setting was changed by WFview i had to enable mic in “data off mode” that was changed
will do some more tests

Installed x64 option on a Windows 10 laptop with no issues. Like the new features.

Many thanks - great job!

Richard
KE7KRF

1 Like

running 4GB shared with graphics only 3.5 available

for the fun of it I have tested w10, 2G memory and wfview. It does work but… that’s all I can say. Not recommended to anyone. I might strip down the OS some time.