Wfview 1.60 released

Running Macos 1.6. Not stable. https://termbin.com/7rbm

64 bit works great on my 7300. One oddity: when I click on radio status, the list is empty despite being connected to my 7300 via USB COM3.
73, Doug – K0DXV

The networking code really hasn’t changed much since v1.50 and nobody else seems to be having this problem on Windows, Linux or MacOS.

I would suspect a network issue but would need a LOT more information than “Not stable” to be able to diagnose anything.

• Operating System Version
  • Method of connecting to IC705
  • Have you tried pinging the IC705 (what response time did you get)

The log shows that initial connection is being made to the rig but the login packet is being lost or received out-of-order. This suggests a poor network connection.

~WRD0001.jpg

That dialog is only populated for network connections, so nothing will show for USB connected radios, we may hide/disable it for USB connected?

73 Phil M0VSE

~WRD0001.jpg

Maybe somehow I’m just not seeing it. Is there a VFO toggle and a VFO-A->VFO-B I’m missing?
Doug – K0DXV

At the moment, it can be accessed by clicking on the Rpt/Split button

Phil

Hi Doug,

I’ve updated the manual to mention how to use these controls:

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/repeater-and-split-operation/

–E
de W6EL

I’m not sure how to post here. Just wanted to say that the RC-28 support
in version 1.61 is fantastic. I bought my RC-28 on eBay from a Japanese
vendor. It was a lot cheaper than any American source. It’s made very
well. Tuning is just as smooth as the tuning control on the various Icom
rigs. Using the RC-28 on wfview is incredibly smooth. Set tuning rate
at 10Hz and as good as tuning the rig directly.

Thanks to the developers of wfview. I spend a lot of time at my computer
writing. It’s awesome to just switch to wfview and have such great
control of my rig that is the other side of the room.

Again - thanks for such a great piece of software.

Doug – K0DXV

4 Likes

Is the RC-28 a midi controller? If so, I wonder if I could get my Numark Orbit to work. It has a big dial in the center along with 16 buttons that can be addressed in 4 different layers. Probably don’t need more than 12 buttons. Or if it could work with the Numark DJtoGo, DJToGo2 series controller that would be awesome because those are only aroung $70-$80.

The USB controllers supported by wfview are currently: Icom RC28, ShuttleXpress/Pro, EESDR E-Coder and XENCELABS Quick Keys, together with limited support for gamepad controllers. They are all USB HID controllers (not MIDI).

I have thought about adding generic MIDI controller support, but it’s not currently on the roadmap.

73 Phil M0VSE

1 Like

Thanks, those look like good options. The Xencelabs looks like it has European distributors, not sure if there’s a US one. That looks great because of the 4 pots above the encoder wheel, could be used for rf gain, etc