Wfview 1.60 released

The long awaited 1.60 release of wfview is finally available.

Wiindows users now have two installation options, x86 and x64. Most users will want to download the x64 download as that uses the newer Qt6 platform. Only users who definitely have 32bit computers should install the x86 verson.

The download for MacOS users will be available later today once it is approved by Apple.

There are MANY changes in this version but some highlights:

• Simple keyboard based CW sending
  • Repeater / Split configuration
  • Draggable passband and PBT indicators
  • Simple DX cluster with clickable spots
  • Many improvements to audio device detection
  • Windows/MacOS builds are now based on Qt6 by default
  • Lots more “under the hood” improvements

We hope you enjoy this version, please let us know if you discover any issues!

** PLEASE NOTE ** We have discovered a late-breaking issue with v1.60. If you are using an IC-7300 radio, you MUST select “single (network)” within the Waterfall Format combobox in settings/External Control.

** UPDATE ** We have now re-released v1.60 with a fix for the above issue.
** UPDATE2 ** MacOS release of v1.60 is now available.

https://wfview.org/download/

The wfview team.

4 Likes

I installed it and I keep getting a RED button message that says “Out of Range” and the WF view doesn’t work. Anybody else having problems?

It is explained Here

The 64bit version would not run on a 64bit Windows 7 machine, made reference to missing dll, I installed the x86 version and it’s running with issues common to the x64 version, i.e. waterfall.

That’s why it says a “modern” 64bit operating system, Window 7 is over 13 years old!

When you say issues common to the x64 version i.e. waterfall, what exactly do you mean?

I’ve loaded it on 3 PCs, One is running Windows 10 and the other two are Windows 11. I am running an IC-7300 connected via USB to one of the Win 11 or the Win 10 system, and the other Win 11 is running as a remote client from the server software.

Aaron, are you saying something isn’t working? it isn’t really clear from your message?

Phil,

There is no issue with the waterfall and the red “out of range” has been explained. I am still not able to modulate my carrier with PC mic audio. In either version (1.5/1.6) am using portaudio instead of qtaudio to hear anything.

I will keep on plugging away until I can modulate. (see other posts from me)

Thanks

Yes, I replied in the wrong place. I posted near the top of this thread that I am seeing the RED Out Of Range button and nothing seems to work correctly

Hi Aaron,

That is because you are in Fixed mode and your VFO frequency is outside of the scope view.

Either move the VFO into the view of the scope or alternatively select Center mode.

Phil

I have center mode selected

I built it on Linux, and even on center mode (which I usually use), the out of band indicator flickers on and off repeatedly and the waterfall is broken (using it with a 7300). It still works as a server, as connecting to the linux install with last week’s automatic build from a windows machine works as expected.

wfview Dream Team,

Install was easy and worked first time using x64 on Windows 10.

Thank you for a job well done!

Best regards,
Kevin, WA6JKN

| phil Phil Taylor M0VSE
4 February |

• | - |

The long awaited 1.60 release of wfview is finally available.

Wiindows users now have two installation options, x86 and x64. Most users will want to download the x64 download as that uses the newer Qt6 platform. Only users who definitely have 32bit computers should install.

The download for MacOS users will be available later today once it is approved by Apple.

There are MANY changes in this version but some highlights:

• Simple keyboard based CW sending
  • Repeater / Split configuration
  • Draggable passband and PBT indicators
  • Simple DX cluster with clickable spots
  • Many improvements to audio device detection
  • Windows/MacOS builds are now based on Qt6 by default
  • Lots more “under the hood” improvements

We hope you enjoy this version, please let us know if you discover any issues!

https://wfview.org/download/

The wfview team.

1 Like

@aaronb the rig does not generate an scope out of range itself and afaik that’s what is being used.

So what rig do you have?
Does it show on the rig itself?
what os
(sorry if answered somewhere else; basically it shouldn’t/can’t)

The out-of-range indicator is sent as part of the scope data by the rig. All we can think at the moment is your rig is in a mode we have never seen before?

Another thought I have just had, @aaronb what firmware version are you running on your radio? All of our testing has been done on the latest available version.

Latest available as far as I know. It is a couple of years old but I don’t think ICOM has updated the 7300 since 2020

Can you provide specific settings (all) for an IC-7300 so I can mirror what you’ve tested?

When I go back to V1.5 on the server the WF works again and the error is gone. When I try to connect to the server machine (now running V1.5) using V1.60 on my client it still looks as bad

Hi Aaron.

Yes it is a new feature added after v1.50 (actually after v1.59)

We think that it due to the way that the spectrum data is sent by the IC7300.

In the Settings/External Control menu, can you try changing Waterfall format to “Single(network)” this will hopefully fix the issue.

Phil